Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Update 9/1/2010

2
Whew! It’s only 11 am and it has been a full morning already.  The morning started with blood work at 4, then a change out of IV meds.  Then at 5 I was greeted with vitals....moving on to 7 I decided "why wait to get the morning going" so we got up and moving.  Several student nurses in, the nursing assistant, breakfast, the doc coming in, x-ray done, breathing treatments and cpt, then more nurses-oral meds and changing out IV med, then RT coming to do blood gas lab work....all before 11!  Time to take a nap-maybe this means a quiet afternoon!

Well, ended up being kind of a crazy day. My white blood cell count is up slightly so they are working at eliminating any other possibilities-taking a look at labs, checking to be sure there are no other infections going on that we may be missing.  Also taking a look at if there is a different drug family that would be more effective against the PA.

My dad has been on hospital duty this week.  Thanks Dad!  I think he is getting an education and a half.  From what blood gases are to giving benadryl before my vanco dose...He has really been a trooper and I am so thankful that my family and friends are such a crucial part of my support team.  Thanks guys!

2 Response to Update 9/1/2010

September 2, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Thank you for the update Tiffany! I continue to pray and think about you throughout the day, love you!!!
Andra

September 5, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I just saw your blog and noticed that your a concert pianist. I think it would be neat if you added a You-Tube video of you playing the piano and then link to that on this blog.

We have 4 boys, 2 with Cystic Fibrosis, ages 23 and 22.
May God bless you with continued peace and strength.
Robbi Cary
www.ToughTimesandPeace.com