Tuesday, August 17, 2010

a lot going on...

1
This past week and a half has been tough and good all in one.  From two road trips to getting off prednisone to spending a day recording rehearsal tracks...it has made for some crazy, busy days.

Unfortunately things started in a way I would not have chosen.  I had a dear aunt that went home to be with the Lord.  She was 55 and had been battling MS for many years.  I was sharing with someone recently that there is no way that I could wish her back here....although we miss her a lot, she has a new, pain-free life.  My hubby and I jumped in the car and made the 13 hr trip to CO.  The funeral went very well.  Many attended and it was a sweet time.

My mom, hubby and I left that afternoon to return home.  We spent some hours at home and then mom and I left for our previously planned road trip to San Diego.  We enjoyed several days on the beach of Pacific Beach.  The cooler temps and the relaxing atmosphere of the ocean was just what we needed.  What a blast!

Among all of these happenings I am still tapering off the Prednisone.  I am currently at 5 mg every other day.  Honestly, it has been rough.  My mood has been up and down.  My DH shared with me “I am just trying to be sensitive.  I don’t know what is really an issue and what is Prednisone!”  I feel the same way.  My body is not excited about me taking away the Prednisone and it seems to be throwing a tantrum.  I continue to remind myself that this is the best choice and allows for more flexibility in the future (as far as using Prednisone to treat future asthma flare ups), but somehow my body, lungs, emotions aren’t buying what I am selling.  :-)

In all, the Lord is so faithful and truly gives grace to deal with the curves that come each day.

1 Response to a lot going on...

August 18, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Praying for wisdom as you work on getting the Prednisone dosage right. It's good to know what's going on with you! Thanks for the updates.