Tuesday, August 3, 2010

An "aha" moment

0
I was talking with a young lady Friday evening.  She has just graduated with her music degree and was picking my brain about my job and what I did here in the valley as a pianist.  We had a very profitable conversation.  

As I was sharing with her my teaching load she proceeded to ask if I taught privately as well.  I went on to talk a little more about really having to be careful how busy I got due to health concerns.  It was in this moment that internally I thought “I really can’t do any more.”  Now that may not sound so earth shattering....but, it really was the first time that I had thought “I can’t” instead of “well, if I get a little healthier”....  I think that this is an important moment. 

It is bittersweet (although healthy) to come to terms with my limitations.  I am not sure how I feel about all of it...that is something I am still wading through.


No Response to "An "aha" moment"