Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

1
So, Sunday was Mother’s Day.  I wanted to share how thankful I am for my mom.  I praise the Lord for her and her impact on me and my life. Thanks Mom!

Mother’s Day also brought to mind a topic that may be difficult for some with a chronic disease.  That of becoming of a mother but not being able to.  I know that there are ladies that really dread mother’s day because of their strong desire, yet inability to have children. This can be a day that is filled with emotional pain, even bitterness.

Primarily I want to share that being a mom does not make you complete.  Our fulfillment, our identity as women is found only in Christ. Our greatest joy can be found in Him alone. Yes, there is a desire, a want, that may go unfulfilled.  It is ok to mourn the loss of that blessing. Mourn the loss and then open your eyes to the abundant blessings He has given and opportunities that lie ahead for you.

Yes, I understand that for some this may be a longer endeavor than for others.  Let me challenge you, though, that it an endeavor that is worth embarking on.  As you discover your fullness in Him, there is joy and peace to be found that is beyond description.

Here is how author Wendy Alsup puts it;

“...believe in confidence that God in this very moment loves you with a deep love. You may feel estranged from Him, knowing that He has the power to give you that sweet infant that He has given so many around you. It seems like He is dangling a desire in front of you, teasing you with it. But understand that unfulfilled desire is a tool He uses to give you even better things – things of Himself that you cannot know in easy ways. Believe in confidence that this time of waiting is not just a holding pattern with no discernible value, but it too is a blessing, albeit in disguise, as it increases your strength to run and not grow weary and to walk and not to faint. Wait on the Lord, dear sister, in confidence.”

1 Response to Mother's Day

June 19, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Hey sweetie-peetie. My joy in being a mom is watching God work in and thru the wonderful creations He has allowed me to love.