Monday, May 17, 2010

Awkward!

1
So, Friday I had to run out and pick up some fabric at a nearby store.  As I had mentioned previously, I have been fighting a cough that is just a pain.  I have found that I specifically cough when I get overheated.  Of course, I was in a hurry and had rushed through the store only to get in line and start coughing.....and coughing....and coughing.

Now usually I can handle this ok, but this morning I was especially sensitive to those that were around me.  The line was long, my cough was persistent and the “covert” looks were coming.  Have you ever felt like making a general announcement to the whole world? “No, I am not sick and you cannot catch this!” So there I stood, coughing and wishing that I could just disappear.  I thought it a victory by making it through the line without being offered a cough drop or asked “are you okay.”  Phewww!  

1 Response to Awkward!

May 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

How many times have we been told "You should get that check out!"