Thursday, December 2, 2010

Praise Update

13
Dear Family and Friends,

For the last couple of weeks I have been asking you to pray for Tiffany and her health.  Praise God that we no longer have to pray for her health as she is worshiping our God face to face. Last night about 11:45 God quietly took her home to be with Him. She was ready and had been getting me ready for this time for awhile now. What a blessing that she no longer struggles with getting her breath or has to spend countless hours in therapies. We had been praying that God would give her new lungs and He did better than that and gave her a glorified body. This last Sunday she told me that going to heaven would be a cool birthday present as her birthday is this coming Sunday.  I told her I couldn’t compete with that gift.  You see, I was going to give her a really nice dress watch that measured time, but because of her faith in what Christ has done for her on the cross, God gave her the gift of eternal life.

The last couple couple of days have been so sweet. To watch someone who is ready to meet her Creator comfort those around her and look forward to Glory is a beautiful thing. What a grand time we had as we worshipped God (it was a joyful noise in there at times with an emphasis on noise, but Tiffany was always more concerned about the heart than the talent). Her whole family was here by Tuesday night, and we just had a good time as a family with Tiffany.

For almost 10 years, Tiffany has been on the prayer request section of our church bulletin for her health, and God has answered our prayer. Now we no longer have to pray for her, but now we can praise God for how He answered prayer, and how He worked in her life. This is how we can praise God:

  1. that God gave her better lungs than UCLA could give by giving her a glorified body.
  2. that God preserved her life till all her family came and gave her the strength to give a very sweet time together as a family.
  3. that God provided excellent medical care with people who were professional, competent, and compassionate.
  4. that God loved her more than we could ever love her.
  5. that Tiffany accepted Christ as her Savior as a seven year old girl depending on Christ to forgive her sin and give her eternal life.
  6. that God strengthened Tiffany and me and her family in the grace of Christ Jesus our Lord.
  7. that God gave us as a family a sweet time of fellowship and encouragement.
  8. that Tiffany’s testimony was untarnished and pointed people to Christ to the end with the medical staff and those all around her (even the last day she was thanking medical staff every time they would come in and do something even if it caused her pain).
  9. that God was glorified by Tiffany’s life and by her death.
  10. that God’s grace is sustaining me today, tomorrow, and through the next couple of months.

Thank you so much for your love and support to Tiffany and I through these last couple of years and especially through these last 3 months. God has been so good to us and to me by giving me a wife that loved me passionately and more importantly, loved God passionately. As Tiffany challenged us -- Hope in God.

With love and appreciation,

David Brock

13 Response to Praise Update

December 2, 2010 at 9:49 PM

it was a pleasure to call your wife my friend. thank you for sharingthat wonderful gift from God with so many. I'm praying for you

December 2, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Hi David--Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you during this time. Even though I didn't know Tiffany that well, the times I did spend with her were always an encouragement to my heart. I'll be praying for the memorial service and that God would continue to be glorified. Your friend, Theo

December 2, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Tiffany has long been the strongest, sweetest, most joyful, selfless person I've known. She leaned on the Lord so heavily and that translated into such strength. We will be praying for you, David, as you too lean on Christ during this time. We are sad yet rejoicing.

With much love,
Steve & Stephanie Schag

Meg
December 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM

We are praying for your family. I am sad that she is no longer with us, but I am glad that she is in those arms that were waiting for her. I am grateful to know Tiffany- she was so unselfish and truly loved those around her.

December 2, 2010 at 11:47 PM

rejoicing with and still praying for you and your family, david. ~joy mccarnan

December 3, 2010 at 6:01 AM

David,
So thankful for Tiffany and her consistent testimony of glorifying God regardless of circumstances. I was telling Taigen last night that Tiffany truly lived with eternity in view. I count myself so truly blessed to have known and worked with her (she was a fantastic accompanist), shared my Mus.Ed recital with her, and been able to call her my friend.

We have been and will continue to pray for you. Thank you for sharing your heart for those of us so far away.

Taigen & Crystal Joos

December 3, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Bryan and I are so sorry to hear that Tiffany passed, but like you said so beautifully, she is with God. I know how she felt. I was ready to not have to fight CF any longer, I was honestly ready to meet my Heavenly Father, I was even excited to move on to the work that was waiting for me in Heaven. God has a plan for each of us. . .she was needed in Heaven.

We will keep you and your family in our prayers. You are such an inspiration to all of us. You are an incredible person David. Our lives are blessed because we got the chance to meet you and had you share your story with us.

Much Love,
Bryan & Jamie Warren

December 3, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Praising our Lord for the unspeakable grace and peace He gives. Guy and I look forward to celebrating Tiffany's life with you all on Sunday. We are so thankful for her role in our Sara's life.

Very Sincerely,
Guy and Vicki Bagley

December 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Peace, Noan

December 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM

To the family and David,
Ross and I send our love and prayers of rejoicing for Tiffany who has gone home with our Father, she was an angel on earth and left a deep impression on everyone she met through her attitude and her beautiful music. Our prayers go to the family that God will give you strength each day to live out the rest of your lives in the way that Tiffany lived each of her precious days, in thanks. We (the Holyoke clan) are all so blessed that we were able to see Tiffany earlier this year and have her play the piano when she visited us.
Love,
Aly Brinkema

December 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Dear David,
Stephen and I will be praying for you in this very difficult time of transition. It is comforting to know that the one you have lost is now resting in the arms of Christ and seeing Him face to face. May you find Him to be your comforter.

Prying for you,
Stephen & Danae Martens

December 4, 2010 at 8:18 PM

David, I don't know if you remember me, but I was a good friend of Tiffany's at BJ. I received the news on Thursday. My children and I immediately prayed for you and for the rest of her family. She was a huge blessing to be around at school, always encouraging me and others in the Lord. She had a very sweet spirit and I never remember her uttering a word of complaint or criticism. I'm happy for her that she is celebrating her birthday in the best way possible. We will continue to pray for you.

December 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM

David,
I'm sorry I was not able to attend Tiffany's Memorial service. A beautiful birthday tribute to her and gift to be with God. I know she awaits the day when you can be together again because of the gift of the atonement and ressurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Our family will continue to pray for you in the coming months. Tiffany was indeed a gift and inspiration to many.
Jennifer Peterson