Monday, December 20, 2010

This One Breath -- what to do with it?

6
I have thought much about what to do with the blog that Tiffany began earlier this year. She had been challenged by a good friend to write and to transparently talk about her life with a chronic disease like CF and just about her life. Tiffany started writing and then took a break to evaluate what she was doing.  I remember sitting in our loft and talking about the reality that if the blog was going to work, then she simply had to be more transparent -- it was her life and how she biblically handled her life situation that was going to have impact on people’s lives. So that began a process when she started to transparently share about her life.  For the last 10 months she has been sharing about her life with many of you. The reality is that telling Tiffany that she needed to be transparent was a whole lot easier than me being transparent. Although I don’t know entirely how I will use the blog, I have decided to keep the blog going.  Here are some of my present thoughts on how I will use the blog.

  1. Continue sharing about life with a chronic disease -- although it will not be as effective as the person who is going through it, the Lord gave me a front row seat into someone’s life that had to deal with it.
  2. Share about the reality of losing your love, your best friend, your wife, and your constant companion.
  3. Share what God is doing in my life.
  4. Share some of Tiffany’s writings that never made it online -- some things were too personal or were written in her paper journals or were written long before blogs existed.

I would love to hear from others on how you think this blog should be used or how it would be helpful in days and years ahead.

6 Response to This One Breath -- what to do with it?

December 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Hi David,
You have been in my prayers and constantly on my mind. So has Tiffany. :)
I would be so blessed (as would others, I know) to have your insight into living with grief and chronic illness. Please keep writing!
I love you and your family. Such a priviledge to hear from them and all who spoke at the funeral.
With great love,
Andra

December 21, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I love the idea of being allowed into your world through all of those ideas. I think there are a lot of Spouses of Cystics who would understand, learn, and grow from you sharing your thoughts and feelings. I wonder quite often what my husbands 'transparency' would be like on the subject of "the life we've been through". But I think even now 3 years after he keeps it hidden inside a little. I hope to read more from you. You are a strong spirit!

December 22, 2010 at 8:06 AM

David, all of your ideas fall under the shadow of CF and Tiffany's blog. God has used CF as an essential part of his plan to mold you in his image. Just add a statement underneath the blog title, and write what's on your heart. Even after you stop writing, people will still find this blog and be encouraged by it.

Love and prayers,
Lee and Michelle

December 23, 2010 at 11:54 PM

It's so much easier telling someone what they should do, than it is to deal with what you should do. :-) Been there, done that! Tiffany taught me alot about making myself vulnerable (transparent) so God can be made big to those around me. That is, after all what it's all about... glorifying God.

December 23, 2010 at 11:55 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
December 24, 2010 at 5:51 PM

thanks for your encouragement --

It will be fun to see how it develops. Let me know Michelle if you have any suggestions for my sub line on the title. I will put some thought into it.

Jamie, you should really get your husband to add some comments to your blog. I know that he was a big help to me when we talked about transplants!