Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Prayer Update on Tiffany

3
Dear Family and Friends,

We are through another day rejoicing in the grace of Christ Jesus our Lord. I am so thankful that we do not have to go through this on our own but that we have a God who is in control, strengthens, and gives peace. What a blessing it has been to hear from so many people!  Tiffany had fun last night reading emails, blog posts, and looking at all the facebook posts.  Thank you for continuing to encourage her!

Yesterday actually went much better than we had thought that it would go, and we have avoided the ventilator which is a huge blessing. Her numbers held steady throughout the day, and we saw some improvement with her breathing although it is now harder for her to breathe without the BIPAP. She has done well seeing that they did not start the new IV treatment plan till yesterday afternoon so the next couple days will be critical in seeing how her body responds. She slept well last night for which we are very thankful! Today will basically be just continuing the IV treatment and continuing with her respiratory treatments.  They may also take out her PIC line due to the MRSA infection which means they would adminster the drugs through perefiral 

It has been an amazing thing to watch someone in such difficult health situation simply be content with God's plan for her life. Early this morning we were talking after one of her treatments and this is what she told me -- "Hope in God." We have a confident expectation in what God is doing in her life and our life together.  Our Hope is not in a Dr. or even in her ability to fight this infection -- it is simply in the King of kings. What a great God we serve and what a blessing to watch Tiffany hope in God and then encourage me to Hope in God.  So I pass it on to you -- whether it is with Tiffany or your own life situations -- Hope in God!

Here is how you can pray today -- 

1. If they take her PIC line that her veins would handle the IV drugs through the peripheral IVs. This would help her body be able to fight the infections for a couple days and then put in another central line.
2. That God would give her body strength to fight the infections as the drugs start working
3. That we would be strengthened in the grace of Christ Jesus our Lord
4. That God would give family a sweet time of fellowship and mutual encouragement
5. That God would use Tiffany's testimony to the medical staff and others

Here is how you can praise God with us today --
1. Good sleep last night.
2. She has been able to continue eating
3. She is not on the ventilator
4. That we have a God we can place our hope in

Once again, I can't express my gratitude enough for the outpouring of love and support. We serve a great God!

Hoping in our God,

David and Tiffany Brock

3 Response to Prayer Update on Tiffany

November 30, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Please know that there are many people here in PA praying for you! My parents, Jeff/Marilyn Shisler, have fond memories of both of you from your time at their church, Faith Baptist in Sellersville. While I've never met you, Tiffany, I've been praying for you for years, as I get updates from your sister-in-law, Shannon, who was my best friend in college. May God give you both everything you need to endure this difficult time. Love in Christ, Robin (Shisler) Greiner

December 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Hey you two...Tracie Delich just sent me a link to your blog and told me the latest. Just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers during this time. I will let others know in our church tonight to keep you in their prayers, too. You certainly encouraged me through your post! Hope in God--we should all focus on this truth about our Lord. In Christ, Theo-Ann (Padilla) Johnson

Anonymous
December 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Hello, I dont know if you remember me but this is Ruth Edeto I went to Tri-City for a while then moved to New York... I have been reading these blogs that Mrs.Brock has posted throughout the last few monthes..they've been so encouraging to me. I am really praying for the family and thankful for her testimony!