Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Year of Enjoying God's Grace

4
Tiffany’s last post on facebook two nights before the Lord took her home was “Thanks so much for your love and prayers. I firmly believe my days are in His hands and no one or nothing can change His perfect timing. As for my God, His way is perfect!” Tiffany had told me the day before she wrote this that she did not think that she would live, and we moved that night to ICU in the hospital. Those last couple days of Tiffany’s life were in many ways surreal as we walked through many of the realities of life and of death. They were precious days of much love, singing, joy, tears, stories, and just being together. I believe that Tiffany’s facebook status that she wrote from ICU having told me that she didn’t think she was going to live point out two important facets of Tiffany’s life. One, she rarely thought of herself but rather thought of other people. I am confident that she wrote that post very intentionally knowing that it would be her last post, and she wanted people to know how grateful she was for their support and to challenge them before the Lord took her home that they needed to trust in God. She served people tirelessly even to her own hurt but yet she never complained but cherished the opportunity to live a life of impact. The second facet was her unwavering trust in God and His plan for our lives. We often told each other in those last couple of days that we were content with the will of God for her life - we knew that God’s way was best even though it did not coincide with my personal desires, and so she and I had to choose to hope in God and trust in the that reality that His way IS perfect. Looking back now a year later, I continue to see the hand of God at work using the life of Tiffany and working in my life today. His way is perfect, His timing is perfect, Tiffany's and my days are in His hands, and how grateful I am for the so many people who have come alongside of me and supported me throughout all of it. Thank you!

The picture below is of her headstone that we put together and placed at her grave this week. It is an aluminum plaque mounted on a piece of granite that came off of the family ranch. Although you cannot read it from this picture, the background graphic behind the lettering is a picture of her piano with a prelude sitting on the keys. The prelude is about the finished work of the cross and has a list of songs about Christ’s death on the cross.  The last two songs are “It is Finished” and “Satisfied.” She is enjoying her inheritance in Christ today! The plaque reads:

Tiffany Davis Brock
December 5, 1975 ~ December 1, 2010
A Life’s Melody
To The Praise of God’s Glorious Grace
Ephesians 1:3-14

4 Response to One Year of Enjoying God's Grace

December 6, 2011 at 6:41 AM

I was thinking of Tiffany yesterday as my twins celebrated their eighth birthday. What a blessing that they share Tiffany's birthday. I pray that my kids will have as shining a testimony as Tiffany did (and still does). I was praying for you yesterday too, David.

December 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM

The headstone is beautiful! I still have some of Tiffany's texts and selfishly wish for her friendship here. The more precious the gifts, the more painful the losses. But in all of it, I am content and thankful for the gifts! I continue to pray for you and Tiff's family.

February 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

You're blog is so very wonderful.

I have given your blog a little award check out my blog post and read about the award. You can post a badge on your blog and you can nominate other bloggers that you enjoy.
http://jamiebug.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

Bryan and I are very blessed to have been able to meet you when we did. You are in our thoughts and prayers often. I love the hope, faith and inspiration your blogs gives me.

November 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I enjoyed meeting Tiffany and L&M's wedding...I know it's been a while now, but please accept my sympathy.