Sunday, January 2, 2011

Friday Fill-in Catch Up -- Never Thought About It

3
I am going to start a new series of blogs that will come and go as life happens.  They are called “Never Thought About It.” You see, when you live with someone who you know will most likely die at a young age you have some very interesting conversation, and you think through many things about what life will be when the Lord finally does take that person home. This series of entries will be about those things that I never thought about -- some will be serious, some will be funny, and who knows what the others will be because I simply don’t know what they will be as I have never thought about it.

One of my first ones happened the Saturday after Tiff’s memorial services.  I had just dropped my brother-in-law off at the airport, and I needed to stop somewhere for lunch. Well, right now I am going through a lot of firsts without Tiffany and that was the first time that I went out to eat alone following Tiff’s death. I decided to go to Taco Bell (not because I really wanted to but because that has always been one of Tiff’s favorites) and finished eating.  I had a two hour drive ahead of me, so I decided that I had better use the bathroom before I leave. Who in the world is supposed to hold your drink for you when you have to use the bathroom at a restaurant and you are alone? I am not sure as I never thought about it before!

3 Response to Friday Fill-in Catch Up -- Never Thought About It

January 4, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I would never have thought of that either! ;) I love the idea of the postings, appreiciate it!
Praying for you!
Andra

January 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM

We think of you almost every day. You and Tiffany made a huge impact in our life in that brief meeting we really felt a connection and pray for your strength every day. :)

January 16, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Thanks Jamie and Andra -- I haven't had much of a chance to do the writing that I want to do, but I still plan on doing more. The support that I have received has been amazing.