Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Other Side by DH

2
A Good Day

Have you ever thought about what makes a good day? Last Saturday would have been what most would be considered a good day for me. After finishing some meetings at the college, I was able to go over to Phoenix Children’s Hospital where they were having a family day seminar for CF. I had the honor of being on a panel in the afternoon where we shared our stories and gave insights into living with CF. What a blessing it was to hear from others who were going through many of the same things that Tiffany and I have been going through as we live with CF. 

One thing that I noticed about all the CFers that talked -- They are fighters and don’t allow CF to define their life. I had the privilege of talking with a lady and her husband who is about to celebrate her 3rd year with a lung transplant. To listen to her story and talk with her husband about what they went through was an encouragement to me. To be able to talk with families afterward was also exciting as I got to share more of who Tiffany and I are and how we face life with CF. As Tiffany’s previous post points out, life with CF is hard, harder than what people know as I think is true of most chronic diseases.

So that leads me back to my first question--Have you ever thought about what makes a good day? A good day is not defined by my circumstances but is defined by the fact that my God is God and I can trust Him with my all. In that sense, every day is a good day -- but the reality is that some are harder than others.

2 Response to The Other Side by DH

October 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I love that you post on your wife's blog :) I can't seem to get Bryan interested in posting he doesn't think anyone would want to read what he has to say. .I am pretty sure he is very wrong.

I love this post. Every day is a good day. Every day is a gift from our Heavenly Father who loves us and that is enough to make anyone's day a little brighter. Through the hard times we appreciate the good times and we usually learn the most.

October 19, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I know how your husband feels. I also know that from our conversation the other day that there would be plenty for him to share that would be a great help to some of us out here.

Thanks again for sharing your time with me after the forum!