Sunday, July 11, 2010

Clinic Visit

1
I was able to get in and see Dr. Gong on Wednesday. This is right at the two week mark of being off of IV’s.  It was good and not what I would have liked all at the same time.  My pft’s were down in the mid-50’s.  This has been an ongoing cycle this year.  I can get them up into the mid-60’s but over a period of 6-7 weeks we are back down in the 30’s.  So, we talked about how we can try to avoid this cycle.  

The main focus of the next couple of weeks is going to get off of Prednisone. That is priority one.  I have started a new antibiotic, Cayston, which was just FDA approved in March.  It is specifically formulated to target the PA (pseudomonas). We are hoping that this med will help maintain some of my lung function.

So, not a bad appt.  Once again it seems as if we are in a “wait and see” period.  My personal goal is to work at not being on iv’s in 6 weeks.  Some of that is in my control and some of it is not.  I’m thankful I know the One who is in control.

1 Response to Clinic Visit

July 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I'm liking this blog Tiffany and David...I'm finding out details...I know better how to pray...thank you for taking this time!