Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let the "fun" begin-getting hooked up

3
I had a last minute visit at the clinic today.  Kudos to Dr. Gong-came in before heading on vacation to deal w/ me!  Thnx CF team!

So things are still a little hairy.  It doesn’t really seem as if I am fighting something specifically, but it is very obvious that things are not getting better.  PFT’s are nearly the same as two weeks ago-good, that they aren’t down but bad that they aren’t up.  So.....we are throwing the whole “kitchen sink” at things.  Treating all the different bugs that I am growing.  We are starting aggressive IV therapy tonite.  Let the fun begin.  I told my hubby he gets the triple whammy.  A wife on Vanco (predose w/ benadryl=loopiness), Prednisone, and an antifungal-plus drugs every 8 hours.  Should be an exciting couple of weeks. :-)

Here are the meds added today;

Meropenem to treat PA: IV every 8
Description: Penicillin class. To treat infections caused by gram-negative and gram positive bacteria, and anaerobes. Used especially for pseudomonas aeruginosa and staphylococcus aureus. Injectible.
Vancomycin to treat the MRSA: IV every 8

Description: Glycopeptide class. To treat infections caused by gram-positive bacteria. Injection.


Itraconazole to treat the Aspergillus: Oral

Description: Itraconazole is an anti-fungal drug. It prevents growth of several types of fungi by preventing the fungi from producing the membranes that surround the fungal cells. 

3 Response to Let the "fun" begin-getting hooked up

June 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Woohoo! Loopiness is so much fun!!! Oh the stories I could tell -- all good I guarantee :)

June 5, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Well, my friend, though I don't understand your plight, I am praying fervently for grace, strength, and courage. Love you.

June 8, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Loopy can be good!It's where I live and I don't have any excuses. :) You are prayed for daily and His grace is measured daily!