Thursday, May 26, 2011

Preparing to be Overwhelmed

5
The following post is from Tiffany from Sept. 5, 2010. It followed a difficult discussion with our dr.s when she was in the hospital and they started talking to us about a lung transplant for the first time. The post pretty much sums up how I am viewing this next week -- our wedding anniversary, the six month anniversary since her passing, and going back to her graveside for the first time since the weeks following her death. I am not sure what all the week will bring but I must simply do what Tiffany says in the last paragraph. 

“Do you ever have days where you are overwhelmed? Where you reach the end of your rope and feel like saying “no more-I can’t deal with this”?  For me, the past couple of days have been at this spot.  There were several events that just tipped the balance-not one of them was that huge but connected all together they made for something that just was too much.

I am so thankful for my hubby-he knew I was struggling.  He graciously cleared the room and just came and sat and held me.  There were tears (sometimes those are healing in and of themselves), questions, and venting; then a choice to rest in what God is doing-acknowledging that none of these things were a surprise to him-they had not caught him off guard. It did not make the struggles disappear and there have still been “it’s too much” moments.  

I am sure that we have not experienced the last of the overwhelming moments, however I pray that in those moments I will be faithful to respond in faith, trusting the One who is walking, shepherding me through them.”

5 Response to Preparing to be Overwhelmed

May 27, 2011 at 5:38 AM

I am still praying for you, David. Taigen and I were over at friends' last night and I was sharing Tiffany's wonderful testimony. We have not forgotten. Thanks for sharing your heart so that we may pray more specifically.

May 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Thanks so much! We serve a great God who pours out abundant grace!

May 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Glad you have these thoughts from Tiff and her God to guide you next week. Praying for you!

June 5, 2011 at 9:35 PM

What a touching post. The emotion and feeling of overwhelming decisions made me tear up because I also had too many of those days. Her faith and love for you and God is wonderful. I pray you will comfort in the following weeks.

~Jamiebug

June 6, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Thanks Jamie -- it has been a good week and great to be with her family in CO -- God's grace is sufficient!